City of Marshall Emergency Manager: Jim Marshall, Director of Public Safety/Chief of Police. The City of Marshall has two other individuals on the Marshall Police Department who are certified in Emergency Management.
What is Emergency Management?
The process and activities of preventing, mitigation the effects of, protecting against, responding to, and recovering from all threats and hazards. MN State Statute: 12.03 (Definition).
- Mitigation: Identify hazards and activities to prevent/lessen the impact of a disaster on lives and property.
- Preparedness: Assist individuals and communities take steps to be ready for a disaster.
- Response: Support and coordinate local agency emergency response activities.
- Recovery: Work to restore public services and return the community to normal.
Examples of Emergencies/Disasters:
- Pipeline Leak
- Train Derailment
- Hazardous Material Spill/Release
- Disease Outbreak
- Motor Vehicle Accident
What functions does the EM perform when there is either a man-made or natural disaster?
- The Emergency Management Director coordinates the response to an emergency and ensures that the response to an emergency is running as safely and efficiently as possible by coordinating the allocation and use of resources. The director works hand-in-hand with Law Enforcement, Fire, Public Health, EMS, Environmental Services and volunteer agencies like Red Cross and Salvation Army to make sure that the Disaster Response is as effective as possible.
If you need assistance, please contact 507-537-7000.
To Request State Assistance or Report a Petroleum or Hazardous Materials Spill Call 24 Hours a Day:
MINNESOTA DUTY OFFICER
Be ready to provide the following information when contacting the Minnesota Duty Officer:
• Telephone number for call-backs at the scene or facility
• Have local officials been notified of incident - FD, PD, etc.
• Date, time and location of the incident (specific)
• Materials and quantity involved in incident
• Responsible party of incident - (trucking firm name, property or business owner name, etc.)
• What kind of assistance is requested - (informational, specialized team, etc.)
• What has happened or what is happening