The City of Marshall delivers a comprehensive Community Services program for its citizens. The program includes eight municipal parks totaling over 150 acres, that include trails, fishing ponds, picnic shelters, Rolle Bolle courts, a $5 million Aquatic Center, Lyon County Ice Arena, softball complex, Skateboard complex, band shell with summer weekly concerts and the national award winning American Legion Field.
Legion Field Park
Marshall's center for family activities is highlighted by the Marshall Aquatic Center with its (3) heated pool complex. This facility serves families from pre-school age at the wading pool to teenagers that love the 190' water slide. This multi-million dollar facility has been a mainstay for Marshall summers and with the recent addition of the Tier II Boards and Blades Skate Park, the Marshall Aquatic Center has something for everyone. The Skate Park was constructed in 2004, and only the Twin Cities area has similar facilities which are designed with attention to the beginner and challenges for the expert skater. There is no rival to this unique facility in southern Minnesota.
Considered one of the finest baseball facilities in the State of Minnesota, American Legion Field has won national awards, hosted district, state and regional tournaments at youth, high school, and college age levels. Its most recent accomplishment is the hosting of the 2007 Great Plains Regional Legion Tournament.
This highly sought after tournament reaffirms the high regard that American Legion Field is held in baseball circles. From the ivy covered fences, to the ballpark cuisine, to the state of the art scoreboard, this is heaven to the baseball purist.
Liberty Park Bandshell
Welcome to Marshall's oldest and newest renovation - Liberty Park with its mature trees, a babbling brook and newly renovated bandshell. Thanks to the two local Rotary Clubs for making this park's renovation their "Centennial Project". Marshall citizens will continue to enjoy the Wednesday night band concerts during the summer. The new park design with attention to landscaping has increased the charm of this local favorite from young to old. From the west part of Marshall, it has become the entrance to our downtown and has set the standard for Marshall's upcoming renovation projects.
911 Memorial Park will commemorate one of the most significant events in our nation's history. The Marshall Fire Department acquired a beam from the rubble of the World Trade Center in New York City. This inspiring memorial will celebrate our nation's capacity to survive and overcome adversity and at the same time symbolize the renewal and resolve of a nation which came together that fateful day. The 911 Memorial will be the focus and a gathering place for our revitalized downtown and will honor the public safety personnel who sacrificed their lives in an effort to save others. Read More
- 190 foot Aqua Trail Water Slide as part of the Marshall Aquatic Center with three-pool complex: main pool, diving well and shallow pool.
- Boards & Blades Skatepark.
- Indoor pools available at Southwest Minnesota State University and the YMCA.
- Two outdoor tennis court facilities.
- Six-screen movie theatre.
- Large Recreational / Athletic facility located on the Southwest Minnesota State University Campus, providing access to NCAA Division II sports events.
- Five softball diamonds and five baseball diamonds.
- One 18-hole private country club and one public driving range.
- 15 indoor basketball courts and 8 outdoor courts.
- Indoor 38,000 square foot Ice Arena.
- 6.02 miles of walking, biking, or hiking trails throughout the city of Marshall.
- Southwestern Minnesota has over 70 + miles of groomed snowmobile trails