The City of Marshall is NOW HIRING seasonal Parks Maintenance Workers for the fall season.
SCHEDULE: Flexible schedule to include weekdays (Monday-Friday) and some evenings; preferred candidates will be those available 12 hours or more per week.
SUMMARY OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Assist with landscaping duties including mowing, weed-eating, trimming trees and shrubs, pulling weeds, edging lawns, raking, watering plants, shrubs, and trees, sweeping and clearing fallen trees, and horticultural work (planting, transplanting, and watering).
- Assist with maintenance of existing and construction of new park equipment (benches, tables, signs, etc.).
- Repair and maintain equipment (playground, picnic tables, etc.).
- Clean restrooms and picnic pavilions.
- Pick up litter and debris from grounds and parking lots.
- Empty trash containers.
- Assist in maintaining athletic fields and other recreational facilities. This includes but is not limited to: dragging and marking athletic fields and courts, installation and maintenance of field equipment, mowing, etc.
- Operate a variety of vehicles and equipment, including but not limited to: hand and power mowers, tractor driven mowers, pick-up truck, water truck, hedge trimmer, pole saw, cement/asphalt saw, lawn mowers, weed trimmer, fertilizer spreader, and utility vehicle.
- Assist with general maintenance on equipment, including refueling, changing oil, lubricating parts, and making minor adjustments, as necessary.
- Operate a variety of hand tools, shovels, hoes, rakes, loppers, litter sticks, power mowers, edgers, and other equipment.
- Assist in special events preparation including, but limited to community stage setup and teardown.
- Adherence to all safety procedures, department procedures, and organizational policies.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Must have a valid driver's license.
2. Must be 16 years of age or older when the position begins.
1. Preference will be given to applicants who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Previous experience and satisfactory job performance fo the City of Marshall.
Job Description: JD--CS--T-Parks_Maintenance_Worker--Temp
Submit a completed City of Marshall Employment Application to:
By Email: Sheila.Dubs@ci.marshall.mn.us
By Mail or In-person: Human Resources, 344 West Main Street, Marshall, MN 56258
FORM--Employment_Application--Temporary-Seasonal (print and complete)
Applications will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled. Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Human Resources at Sheila.email@example.com or by calling 507-537-6790. Employment is conditional upon successful passage of a criminal history background check, reference check, and DL verification and driving record review. EOE