The City of Marshall accepts applications for the position of Hazardous Materials Technician on our Southwest Minnesota Chemical Assessment Team (CAT) on a year-round basis. This is a paid-on-call position for training and call-outs. Training occurs during evening and weekend hours. Call-out possibility is 24/7. This position works under the general guidance and direction of the Director of Public Safety.
All applicants must submit a City of Marshall Employment Application to be considered. Applications are also available at the City Administration Office, 344 West Main Street, Marshall, MN 56258.
Questions/comments regarding process must be forwarded to the Human Resource Department. Please submit completed application packets to City of Marshall, Attn: Human Resources, 344 West Main Street, Marshall, MN 56258. Applications may also be submitted by email to: Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility for hire will require the successful completion/passage of all testing requirements: a haz-mat physical, drug/alcohol test, a driving and criminal history background check, and a reference check.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possess a valid Minnesota Class D driver’s license.
- Must maintain a 30-minute response time to the MERIT Center, 1001 West Erie Road.
- Must possess or ability to be certified as a Hazmat Technician within 12 months of employment.
- Ability to pass an annual physical exam.
- Possess a valid Class A drivers license or ability to obtain a Class A driver’s license within 12 months of employment.