1. How do I reserve a shelter in Marshall’s Parks? Is there a fee? May we have alcohol in the parks? How about tobacco?
    The shelters at Legion Field, Justice Park, Independence Park, the Liberty Park Bandshell and gazebo and the Independence Park gazebo may all be reserved for events and gatherings. The Freedom Park shelter is on a first-come, first-serve basis. To reserve a shelter, gazebo or the bandshell, call the MCS office at 537-6767 or visit ci.marshall.mn.us under Reservation Request. Shelter reservations are made in two time blocks: 10:00am-5:00pm or 5:00pm-10:00pm. The fee to reserve a shelter is $25 for one time block. There is also a $25 refundable deposit. The Liberty Park bandshell can be reserved with a $150 payment and $50 refundable deposit.
    Alcohol is allowed in the parks. Glass bottles are not allowed. Tobacco is not allowed in the City of Marshall parks.

  2. Does Marshall have overnight camping anywhere?
    The City of Marshall does not allow any overnight camping in the parks. Arrangements can be made with Garvin County Park (507-629-4081) or Camden State Park (507-865- 4530).

  3. What time do the parks close? Is there a noise ordinance in Marshall’s parks?
    The parks close at 10:30pm. In regards to noise, we ask that all park patrons be considerate of other park users and the residents living near the parks.

  4. How do I sign up for summer programs?
    Registration for summer (or any other season) programs, may be done ONLINE at:https://bit.ly/2mIZEQh
    Call 507-537-6767 with any questions. You can visit the MCS office to register or MCS staff can take care of your registration over the phone with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover. MCS office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.

  5. Is it required to reserve ball fields for practice or usage?
    Includes: baseball, softball, football, soccer, etc. It is not required to reserve the ball fields; however during peak times (especially at the beginning of the adult summer softball league), it is recommended to reserve the fields. Fields can be reserved by calling Marshall Community Services at 507-537-6767.

  6. How do I find out if a MCS program, activity, special event or the Marshall Aquatic Center is cancelled, postponed or closed?
    All cancellations of Marshall Community Services programs will be announced by the local radio stations – 99.7 KKCK-FM, 105.1 KARL-FM, 107.5 KARZ-FM or 1400 KMHL-AM. Cancellations can also be viewed at www.marshallradio.net.

  7. At what air temperature (too cold) does the MAC close?
    During inclement weather or if the temperature drops below 65 degrees, the Marshall Aquatic Center will close.

  8. Where do I find out more information about Marshall’s bike trails or a map?
    Information regarding the bike trails and maps may be found at http://ci.marshall.mn.us/main/index.php/community-services/community-ed-rec-department/pedestrian-bikeway or at the Marshall Community Services (344 W. Main Street).

News & Notices

  • Preston Stensrud Awarded City of Marshall 2019 Employee of the Year +

    Preston Stensrud

    City Administrator Sharon Hanson announced that Parks Superintendent Preston Stensrud has been named City of Marshall Employee of the Year.

    Read More
  • City Hall Renovation Project History and Future +

    City Hall Renovation Project History and Future

    Submitted by Sharon Hanson, Marshall City Administrator

    Soon, the City Hall Renovation Project

    Read More
  • Commit to be Counted +

    Commit to be Counted

    Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4