Description : Tall Grass Liquors is accepting applications for part-time positions.
Pay Rate: $11.66 per hour
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Or 4:00 p.m. - midnight
These positions will be scheduled 20 to 29 hours per week.
Applicants must be able to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Friday, Saturday, evenings, and holiday availability is required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Previous experience in retail sales, preferably in an off-sale liquor operation.
- Cashiering experience preferred.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Checkout Clerks provide knowledgeable and courteous customer service while attending to other assigned duties of the liquor store. Perform all sales clerk functions, such as cash register transactions, stocking coolers and shelves, and general store maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Rings up retail sales, receives payments and gives change. Receipt and deposit of money, counts cash, balances cash receipts, and reconciles bank drawer.
2. Responsible to check customer identification for proof-of-age and denies service to underage or intoxicated customers. Responsible for accurate management of money received through the sales of store products.
3. Provide efficient, courteous and knowledgeable service to the customers including but not limited to: locating items on shelves, recommending and selling merchandise to customers, and bagging and carrying merchandise to cars.
4. Stocks, arranges, and rotates liquor merchandise on shelves, stocks beer coolers and sets up displays. Stocking shelves involves carrying beer and liquor cases.
5. Performs general maintenance tasks at the liquor store, including but not limited to: setting up and dismantling displays, dusting shelves, vacuuming, mopping, and sweeping floors; removing snow from walkways; removing trash from store; cleaning store and cooler windows; and washing shelves and bottles.
6. Attendance is an essential function of this position.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires sound judgment in the handling of product and money.
- Ability to enforce all store policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register and use appropriate computer software.
- Ability to promote and market products and answer customer questions regarding product lines.
- Ability to proactively greet customers; be friendly, professional, polite and helpful in dealing with customers and employees.
- Represent the City in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. regularly; occasional lifting of 80 lbs.
Applicants must submit a completed City of Marshall Employment Application to be considered.
Employment application (fillable pdf)
A resume may be submitted in addition to, but not in lieu of, a completed Employment Application.
Employment is subject to the successful passage of a criminal background check, reference check, a pre-employment physical, and pre-employment drug screening.
Application Deadline: Applications will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled.
All application materials must be submitted to:
By Mail: Human Resources, 344 West Main Street, Marshall, MN 56228.
Or by Email: HR@ci.marshall.mn.us
Please note: Employment Applications cannot be accepted at the Tall Grass Liquor Store----please submit to Human Resources.
Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Human Resources at HR@ci.marshall.mn.us or by calling 507-537-6790.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled