About the Marshall Resiliency Grant
The City of Marshall and Marshall Economic Development Authority recognize the financial burden on the City’s restaurant, fitness/recreation facilities, and entertainment venues. Therefore, the Marshall EDA has established the Marshall Resiliency Grant Program. The grant program will provide funds to City of Marshall restaurants, fitness/recreation facilities, and entertainment venues that have been restricted or closed by Executive Order 20-99 and have suffered economic loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Program will distribute grants to eligible local businesses to provide cash for short-term financial operational needs such as payroll, payment to suppliers, payment to service providers, payment of utilities, or rent, but not limited to these. Eligible businesses must submit a narrative of funding needs during the application process.
All applications are due by Monday, December 28th at 4:30pm. The review process will begin, Tuesday, December 29th and awarded through a lottery system.
The Marshall EDA will be dispersing grants up to $2,000 to qualifying local restaurants, fitness/recreation, and entertainment facilities with a fund total of $100,000. To be considered an eligible business to receive the Grant, businesses must meet the following requirements:
- Be a locally owned entity with a physical commercial property, leased or owned, in the City of Marshall;
- Have been in operation since January 1, 2020;
- Be in good standing with State of Minnesota and current on property taxes;
- Must have not permanently ceased operations as of the date the funds are to be dispensed;
- Listed in EO 20-99;
- Generate municipal sales tax as part of its operation and sales;
- Open to the general public;
- Must not be a home occupation; and
- Show evidence that they have suffered a decrease in revenue from April 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020 when compared to the same time frame in 2019, to be verified by staff.
Additional Restaurant Requirements
- Have indoor seating for dining;
- Be a full-service restaurant.
- Complete Marshall Resiliency Grant Application and email to Lauren Deutz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, December 28th at 4:30 pm or bring application to the Chamber Office.