INSTRUCTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The City of Marshall recognizes that healthy business districts play an important role in the vitality of Marshall and understands there are many challenges that businesses have faced with COVID-19. The Marshall CARES Grant Program aims to help restart businesses and non-profit organizations that have had financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 by providing funds to address business interruption costs. The Marshall CARES Grant 2.0 Program is an extension of the initial program and will be capped at $500,000 or expire on October 15, 2020, whichever comes first.
Please review qualifications and process below. Grants are awarded based on a lottery selection, not on a first-come-first-serve basis. To apply, complete application in its entirety and email to Lauren Deutz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Friday, September 11th by 12pm. All applications will be reviewed and approved to enter the lottery selection by a committee. If funds are still available after the second round, a third round of applications will be accepted and reviewed until funds are depleted.
- Maximum of one grant per small business or non-profit organization.
- Maximum $7,500 grant for 1-50 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Small Businesses
- Maximum of $5,000 grant for 501(c)3 and 501 (c)19 Non-Profit Organizations
- Limited funding is available of $500,000.
- Physical, commercial location, whether owned or leased, located in Marshall city limits.
- Registered with the Minnesota Secretary of State and have been in business since December 1, 2019.
- Must be current with local property taxes.
- Small Businesses with 1-50 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Employees.
- 501(c)3 and 501(c)19 Non-Profit Organizations.
- Demonstrated negative impact by business interruptions since March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Revenue Statement from March 1, 2019 – July 1, 2019 versus March 1, 2020 – July 1, 2020.
- Business referenced in Gov. Walz’s Executive Orders (EO 20-04, EO 20-08, EO 20-18). See Appendix A.
Eligible Expenses (March 1, 2020 - October 15, 2020)
- Expenses of business interruption caused by the required closures including:
- payroll (including wages and benefits)
- rent or lease payments
- equipment costs or rental
- business inventory and purchases
- working capital or other business critical operating expenses.
- Expenses related to implementing reopening plan and promoting social distancing measures.
- Employment and training programs for employees.
- Grant cannot be used to cover the same expenses as EIDL or PPP loan.
- Home-based businesses are not eligible.
This is a reimbursement program. You must pay for the total eligible expenses prior to receiving a reimbursement check from the program administrator.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Complete CARES Grant Program Application and email to Lauren Deutz (email@example.com) by Friday, September 11th at 12pm.
- Make sure to sign the Marshall CARES Grant Application.