Instructions for Engineering Permit Application
1. All engineering permit application form shall be filled out prior to starting any related activity. Two application forms are available on this website. If you want to fill out and submit your application on-line, please use electronic form. If you prefer to print your application and then mail or bring it in, please use Adobe PDF form; you will be able to either print a blank form and write information in or fill it out on computer and print a completed form. These forms are also available at the City Hall but it still must be completed by an applicant (that is why we cannot take applications over the phone). Completed application shall be delivered to the Engineering Department of the City of Marshall; it can be brought in to the second floor of the city hall or mailed to Engineering Department, City of Marshall, 344 W. Main Street, Marshall, MN 56258.
2. Please provide all information requested on the forms that pertains to your project. If you choose to fill out the form by hand and it is not legible or some information is, the city staff will try contacting you for clarifications or additional submittal. Therefore, providing complete contact information is critical.
3. Only the property owner or contractor may fill out an application form. If you are not one of the above, please obtain an authorization from the legal property owner and attach to the paper application.
4. The application process requires immediate payment of permit fees. If you chose to apply electronically, you will have to pay with a credit card at the time of application. You will be able to submit payment along with the application. If you prefer a paper application, you will have to include your payment along with you application.
5. Please note that procedure for Building and Plumbing permit applications is different: for these permits (and sign permit), payment is not accepted online at the time of application and shall be submitted separately.
We understand these changes to the permit process may result in short term uncertainties and some confusion. Please be patient and call if you have questions – 507-537-6773, 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Monday to Friday.